Click here to apply.
Pella Windows and Doors of North Carolina is looking for a Field Technician to join our Asheville team! This position is responsible for servicing our Pella products in area homes while providing exceptional customer experience. Successful Field Technician candidate have a desire to learn and a positive outlook to turn challenges into opportunities. Construction experience is a plus.
Service Technicians are responsible for repairs and adjustments to windows, doors and other Pella products while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of residential construction and the ability to use hand tools is desired.
- Must be able to work from ladders and scaffolding and work well unsupervised.
- Candidates need to be neat in appearance, a good listener, a problem solver and personable with good communication skills for direct customer contact.
- Qualified candidates will be highly dependable
- Computer experience preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for repairs and adjustments which may include such tasks as replacing glass or installing items such as window shades, blinds, muntin’s and roll screens.
- Also responsible for the preparation of field reports on product problems, collection of COD receipts and maintenance of service order and billing paperwork.
- Awareness of service-related issues and the administration is a critical backbone to the support function of this position.
- Responsible for preparation and clean up of work area with careful attention to courtesy toward the homeowner's belongings and surroundings.
- Additional duties as specified by management.
- Ensuring quality customer service.
- Responsible for driving a company vehicle.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance needed for the company vehicle.
- Responsible for keeping company vehicle neat and clean.
- Qualified candidates will possess 1-2 years of related education/experience, particularly in the area of building materials or construction.
- High School graduate required; some college preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 9 Paid Holidays