Residential Construction Manager
Click here to apply.
We are looking for very experienced type A-player that can lead field production and at the same time deal professionally with a very high-end clientele. We need an adaptable, personable, and proactive team leader to own this position. This is a ground floor opportunity for anyone with a career history of steadily rising responsibilities and a successful track record of building high quality homes at a fast clip. If your past two supervisors’ rate you as an 9 or above, on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is excellent, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of Residential construction.
- Coordinate with independent contractors to efficiently manage our production schedule.
- Coordinate with suppliers, ordering construction materials as needed.
- Inspect all deliveries, ensuring the materials are the right quantity and quality and are properly placed at the job site.
- Monitor quality of all workmanship in detail. Stop work when necessary and provide training to independent contractors as needed.
- Proactively maintain daily communications with independent contractors and suppliers to ensure timely completion of work.
- Verify and approve invoices for completed, satisfactory work.
- Track, code, and report on construction costs.
- Manage the final punch and close out process.
- Use your creative problem-solving skills to resolve construction and budget issues.
- Ensure all site policies are adhered to, especially safety and cleanliness standards.
- Manage warranty issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide regular communication with custom homeowners to inform them of progress on their homes and build and maintain goodwill throughout the construction process.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Owner.
- Ability to read, understand, and explain construction blueprints and floorplans.
- Must possess deep expertise in standard construction practices.
- Proven ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for demanding clients.
- Deep knowledge of industry safety practices.
- Excellent computer skills.
- 5 years prior experience as a Construction Manager / Superintendent for a luxury custom home builder.
- A skilled tradesman with exemplary supervisory experience may be considered.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree a plus!
- Professionalism in manner and attire.
- Please have job related references at the ready if selected for interview.
- Willingness to travel to construction site(s) daily. This is a field management position.
- Willingness to work weekends and extended hours as necessary to meet production milestones.
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 pounds, push and pull heavy items on a regular basis, stoop, kneel, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
Salary and Benefits
- Full time
- Company Phone and Tablet
- Vehicle allowance
- Vacation, Holidays & PTO
- Medical Benefit contributions
- Profit Sharing
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: On the road