The Project Manager is responsible for providing technical expertise in the management and oversight of new home construction projects in accordance with the Company’s standards and processes. Ensures adherence to construction schedules, safety programs, SWPPP, quality standards and budgetary planning. Acts as the liaison between the Company and its customers to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the construction process, 30 days after and to resolve any complaints. Develops partnerships to build positive rapport with trade partners, municipality inspectors, customers and Deltec employees focusing on creating better places that inspire life and deliver World Class Homes.
Click here to apply.
- Oversight and implementation of the Company's health and safety program and SWPPP and ensure adherence to safety standards at the work sites and identification of hazards through safety inspections.
- Responsible for ensuring accidents are properly investigated and promptly reported.
- Interfaces with customers during construction and acts as liaison between the customer and the Company. May also handle Warranty follow up for 30 days and up to 365 days.
- Resolves discrepancies with customer by substituting products, altering construction plans and budgets in accordance with Company's standards, as well as the resolution of warranty claims during the first year.
- Responsible for assessing the need for variances in the budget and adjusting it where necessary.
- Evaluates construction progress and validates schedule progression.
- Determines when a project should be deemed completed before moving on the next phase of construction.
- Evaluates and assures compliance with local and state building codes and regulations and permitting requirements.
- Interprets blueprints and design plans.
- Manages and evaluates the performance of trade partners and assists with decision whether to continue the partnership.
- Performs daily quality assurance checks on trade partners’ daily tasks and progression at the worksite.
- Ensures scheduling is appropriate and manages trade partners work at proper times and intervals.
- Collaborates with trade partners throughout construction process and first year warranty to improve quality and efficiency.
- Makes recommendations to upper management on how to improve the customer experience and construction process.
- Works with management team to share feedback and improve project planning activities, including, but not limited to: vendor coaching and performance feedback.
- Assists in resolving all issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design).
- Authorizes payment for materials received and work completed and authority to approve payment if to Superintendent's 100% satisfaction.
- Scheduling of materials to job site.
- Responsible for managing time deadlines and ensuring that homes are built on time and error-free.
Education: A high school diploma and/or equivalent is required, however, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the residential construction industry is desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- **Must have single-family residential construction experience
- Management, people and team building skills.
- Track record of results working with and coaching vendors.
- Knowledge of building codes, municipal codes, permitting and regulations, construction management, construction-related software (CoConstruct).
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively (listening, verbal and written), make correct decisions and delegate work effectively.
- Demonstrates professional interaction skills with customers.
- Knowledge of residential construction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Works well under stress.
- Time Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Organizational skills.
Deltec is a certified B-corporation that specializes in building energy efficient, durable, and beautiful panoramic homes using components produced at its Asheville, NC headquarters. Deltec strives to design and build homes that don’t just set the bar for today’s high-performance homes, but set the bar for the future of building. For over 50 years, Deltec has crafted homes that blur the lines between indoors and out, allowing homeowners to feel connected to the natural world around them. Compensation for this position is based on experience and performance. We offer a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, vacation, wellness program, and holidays.
Deltec values and embraces diversity. We will continue our commitment to dismantling racial inequities and other forms of oppression. We do this through educating ourselves, implementing best practices, holding our partners and ourselves to higher standards, and fostering a culture of inclusivity. We strive to change the way the world builds and promote equitable opportunities for all.
This role description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The role description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)