Click here to apply.
Buchanan Construction is a full-service, award winning construction firm offering a vast array of services including Custom Luxury Homes, Semi-Custom Homes, Luxury Renovations, Commercial Construction, and Community / Planned Development Construction.
Lead Carpenter displays the willingness to lead while still being eager to learn and follow direction. This position consistently completes assigned tasks with quality and timeliness, while adhering to safety guidelines and encouraging others to work as a team.
For more information, please visit: https://buchananconstruction.com/
- Work unsupervised on assigned tasks
- Complete assigned tasks with quality and timeliness
- Direct assistants and other crew members
- Provide accurate lists of materials required for projects
- Communicate any project issues to the Construction Manager
- Work with the Construction Manager to determine the best methods and processes for completing assigned tasks
- Maintain, care for, and transport company tools
- Consistently maintain a good work ethic, attitude, and be eager to learn
- Follow safety policies and procedures, maintain a safe working environment for the crew
- 5+ years related experience in Lead Carpentry
- Knowledge of web-based project management software and Microsoft Office
- Experience in new builds, renovations and repairs, foundation work, framing, siding, carpentry, millwork or interior trim to include: crown molding, coping, cabinet setting, door installation, etc., and the ability to use hand tools and maintain tools and work environment in a safe and clean way, minimizing disturbance to other areas, is required.
- Candidate must bring the highest level of professionalism and quality of work to every project, value and respect all opinions and effectively delegate authority while remaining ultimately responsible for work. He/she must take pride in his/her work, be dedicated to supporting a safe work environment, and be proactive in seeking out opportunities for learning, growing, education and training.
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks and be comfortable asking for help as needed.
- He/she must be able to problem-solve as well as alert Project Management regarding issues arising in the field, and eliminate these issues on future projects.
- Candidate must maintain a professional appearance and attitude in all interactions, maintain excellent customer service through project completion and respect the environments of all clientele.
- Candidate will oversee multiple projects in multiple locations around Asheville and the surrounding communities.
- Good knowledge of overall home building skills
- Able to cut basic roof rafters and stair stringers
- Good understanding of quality trim carpentry practices
- Continue to develop knowledge of customer service and time management
Salary and Benefits
- Full time
- Company Phone and Tablet
- Vacation, Holidays & PTO
- Medical Benefit contributions
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Multiple Locations