Crew Leader/Lead Carpenter
We are looking for motivated Lead Carpenters to help with a variety of remodeling, addition, and new home construction projects. The Ideal candidate would be someone looking for an crew lead carpenter level position in the construction industry with a desire to learn and grow within an expanding organization. Candidates would work directly with a crew of carpenters as well as a project supervisor on each job. Candidates are expected to be able to independently solve difficult construction and remodeling related problems in regard to all carpentry tasks while managing a crew of carpenters.
(Including but not limited to)
- Gather materials for workers to handle on job sites.
- Keep job sites clean and machines serviced.
- Oversee project crews in carpentry work required for the maintenance, repair, alteration and construction of buildings and structures.
- Assist in the supervision/operation of the all carpentry activities and assigned personnel, as directed.
- Assist in the coordination of carpentry work with that of other trades.
- Assist supervisor in matters deserving attention regarding carpentry work.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates, reports and requisitions.
- Be able to perform ALL duties of carpenter or finish carpenter, following recognized procedures/techniques for such work, as required to build any residential construction building.
- Act as supervisor in his/her absence.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Assist with slabs and elevated structures.
- Establish reference points and lines.
- RESPONSIBILITIES LIST MAY NOT BE TOTALLY INCLUSIVE OF ALL JOB ACTIVITIES.
- At least five years in a construction related crew lead role with at least two of those years in finish carpentry work.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate all carpenter tools and equipment.
- Extensive set of carpentry tools, able to independently complete all construction related tasks including but not limited to, demolition, framing, rough, and finish carpentry, and concrete work.
- Ability to lay out construction, remodeling and alteration work.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, load, and unload heavy construction materials frequently
- Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment, as necessary.
- Supervisory ability.
- This position will require a significant amount of driving so any candidate must possess and maintain a valid NC driver’s license throughout their employment
- Great attitude and willingness to learn! We are a growing company and need people that are willing to learn and grow with us.
- Preference will be given to those who own ALL of their own carpentry tools. Trailers and trucks are provided to Crew Leaders as well as gas reimbursement. Journeyman and carpenter's helper positions require at least basic hand tools.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Scroggs Construction offers competitive pay based on skill set as well as health, retirement, and vacation benefits to all full time employees.
Required Education and Experience
Relevant construction experience or education.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in applying for this opportunity or know someone that may be interested? Contact Nick with your personal information and resume with the following contact information.
Visit our website: www.ScroggsConstruction.com
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Typical end time:
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations