Construction Project Manager
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Who We Are
PLATT is a full-service architecture, construction, and interior design firm based in Brevard, North Carolina. At PLATT, we strive to bring humility, simplicity, and service to our designs, to build with integrity, and furnish with care. Our group works collaboratively across teams to create projects that meet our client’s needs and exceed their expectations.
Our focus is on placemaking - not just when it comes to our projects but also when it comes to our people. This is a place that enjoys conversation, creativity, and good food. We build upon what people are naturally good at and encourage them to bring those talents to their work. We celebrate achievements and milestones and work hard to help each other overcome obstacles. We care tremendously about our work, the way we work, our team, and our community.
Our employment strategy is to build a skilled, driven, thoughtful team with members who feel proud of their work and the PLATT brand - from the creative process through the end product.
A Construction Project Manager (CPM) is an integral member of the design/build team with expertise in craftsmanship and construction methodologies and can help manage the flow of communication amongst team members. This position operates within a design/build environment, communicating and working directly with the architecture team throughout the course of a project. The Project Manager ensures that the work is being performed in accordance with plans and specifications, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
This team member works closely with the Construction Operations Director and the Construction Business Manager to hone the design/build process, identify inefficiencies, and troubleshoot complications.
PLATT’s approach to building a home successfully revolves around a team-based Project Management strategy. CPM’s work closely with every single team member involved in the project and must balance project demands with a high level of collaboration, communication, and adaptability.
- Assist the Construction Operations Director with early project planning, estimating, plan reviews, shop drawing reviews, and coordination.
- Develop and actively maintain the project schedule, identifying issues for escalation.
- Uses digital tools to organize project information, communicate deadlines, and to-do’s.
- Thoroughly reviews, proofreads, and critiques vendor proposals, materials orders, shop drawings, and work orders to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as conformance with design and specifications.
- Communicate early and often with tradespeople, material suppliers, vendors, and other team members about project demands and schedules.
- Ensures a safe, clean, and organized job site environment at all times.
- Ensures that the project is built to the design, with the highest standards of quality of craftsmanship.
Estimated Weekly Hours
40 hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Due to the nature of this position, this role is expected to occasionally work outside of these business hours.
Flex time is available when work happens outside of the regularly scheduled work week.
- 3+ years of construction management experience
- Technical knowledge of residential construction is required including construction techniques related to site grading, foundation, framing, mechanicals, and finishes
- Demonstrated knowledge of estimating for materials and labor
- Understanding of applicable residential building codes for North Carolina
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take initiative
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Slack, email and text communications
- Ability to respect and communicate across lines of cultural differences
- Ability to address conflict by assuming positive intent and willingness to participate in solutions
- A commitment to personal growth and professional development
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, negotiable based on experience
- Employer-subsidized health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision, dental, disability, and additional life insurance options
- Health reimbursement arrangement
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Sick leave
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with 3% contribution
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fitness benefits
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: jobs @ platt.us
To learn more about our company, culture, and team of talented professionals, please visit:
- platt.us + @platt.us
- platthome.us + @platt.home
Finally, visit explorebrevard.com to discover more about Brevard and the beautiful mountains surrounding our historic downtown office. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction management: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location