We are looking for a motivated carpenter's helper/laborer to help with a variety of remodeling, addition, and new home construction projects. The Ideal candidate would be someone looking for an entry level position in the construction industry with a desire to learn and grow within an expanding organization. Candidates would work directly with a crew leader/boss as well as a project supervisor on each job.
To apply, click here.
(Including but not limited to)
- Gather materials for workers to handle on job sites.
- Keep job sites clean and machines serviced.
- Cover services with plastic material to protect them.
- Cut and install insulation.
- Cut and fit tile or linoleum.
- Spread adhesives on flooring to prep for tile.
- Build scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Cut timber and lumber to specified dimensions.
- Hold timbers, lumber, and paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
- Drill holes in lumber.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Assist in the layout of foundation, building lines and anchor bolts.
- Set hollow metal doors and frames.
- Install toilets.
- Install trim and cabinets.
- Place and set slabs and sidewalks.
- Unload materials from trucks.
- Assist with slabs and elevated structures.
- Frame wood.
- Establish reference points and lines.
- Smooth and sand surfaces using power sanders.
- RESPONSIBILITIES LIST MAY NOT BE TOTALLY INCLUSIVE OF ALL JOB ACTIVITIES.
- Prior experience in a construction related labor role or relevant construction coursework
- Experience with proper operation of construction related tools
- MUST BE ABLE TO ACCURATELY READ A TAPE MEASURE
- Ability to lift, load, and unload heavy construction materials frequently
- This position will require a significant amount of driving so any candidate must possess and maintain a valid NC driver’s license throughout their employment
- Great attitude and willingness to learn! We are a growing company and need people that are willing to learn and grow with us.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Scroggs Construction offers health, retirement and vacation benefits to all full-time employees.
Required Education and Experience
Relevant construction experience or education.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.