D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Assistant Superintendent. The right candidate's primary responsibility is to assist the Superintendent with the management of the job site as it relates to home construction while providing excellent customer service. This includes but is not limited to scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, inspections, subdivision upkeep, and enforcing safety standards.
To apply, click here.
To apply, click here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction
- Inspect each house daily to assure the quality of workmanship, ensures all work is in accordance with plans and specifications and determines the status as it compares to the production schedule
- Schedule and walk all inspections with inspectors
- Walks each completed home before the homeowner walk-through and closing sign-off to make sure that the home is complete, clean, and meets standards of quality
- Conducts homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction
- Notes outstanding homeowner walk-through items and schedules subcontractor to repair
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work overtime
- Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors and homeowners
- Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Assists Superintendent in scheduling of subcontractors
- In absence of Superintendent, makes sure all schedules, policies, and guidelines are maintained
- Associate’s Degree or 6 months to 1 year related experience
- Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid driver’s license and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime
- Ability to utilize DRH Construction applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH Construction applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
- Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is generally loud
- Require minimum supervision
- Work effectively in high pressure situations
- Ability to create a systematic approach in carrying out assignments