Trade Sales Rep
Click here to apply.
Pella Windows and Doors of North Carolina and Southwest Virginia is currently looking for a Trade Sales Representative in the Asheville area who works directly with builders, contractors and architects promoting and selling the Pella Product line. Trade representative will primarily focus on new home construction with additional focus on light commercial projects, additions, remodeling, and replacement projects through remodeling contractors. Responsible for window takeoffs, generating quotes, delivering quotes to prospective customer, and closing projects. In this position follow-up is key and the ability to overcome objections to secure an order is necessary. Developing long-term relationships with Builders and Contractors is a key ingredient to the success of this position.
- Base Pay / Commission Pay
- 401k/ 401K Matching- 50% up to 6% after 1 year
- Profit Sharing
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)- after 30 days of employment
- Life Insurance
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospecting and gaining new customers to grow the account base.
- Meet contractors/clients in the field
- Meet at showrooms and utilize showroom workspaces
- Reading blueprints and doing take-offs from the customer and converting them into quotes.
- Present various products and services to customers as well as presenting quotes and detailed descriptions of the project.
- Attaining sales goals as well as achieving a strong closing ratio.
- Will be responsible for initiating service and playing a role in maintaining the company's desired service level.
- Sales rep will be responsible for meeting the company satisfaction goal on Customer Survey Report’s.
MEETING ATTENDANCE AND WORK HOURS
- Regular meetings will be held with the sales manager to review key metrics and results.
- Must attend all sales meetings, company meetings and other mandatory scheduled events.
- Attendance at monthly builders meetings is necessary where applicable.
- Participate in home shows as deemed necessary by the sales manager.
- Trade sales representatives can expect to begin their day at 7 am and finish between 5pm and 7pm. Night and weekend hours are often required for take-offs, service requests, general administrative duties, and planning.
- Occasional Showroom coverage may be required as deemed necessary by a manager.
- Trade Salespeople may be assigned other tasks and duties as deemed necessary by management.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years outside and/or business-to-business sales experience.
- Self motivated, goal oriented with a strong desire to succeed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- College degree is preferred.
- Strong Communicator
- Must be able to work in an indoor and outdoor environment
- Must be able to walk onto varying terrain/unfinished worksites
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Occasional lifting of small window or sample
Why work for Pella Windows and Doors of North Carolina and Southwest Virginia?
- Culture- We are a team oriented company. We believe in our employees and strive in improving the lives of those we touch.
- Benefits- Comprehensive benefit packages
- Growth- We believe in our employees and encourage them to grow both personally and professionally. As a company, we invest in our employees.
- Work- Life Balance- We take pride in our employees having a well work-life balance.
- Our People- Here you will work side by side with very knowledgeable people in the industry and build relationships that last.
Pella Windows and Doors of North Carolina and Southwest Virginia is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Pella is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.