Contractor Continuing Education Class
Full 8-hour day that fulfills your contractor continuing education requirements for the NC Licensing Board for General Contractors for 2021. Classes are taught in person at the Asheville Home Builders Association office by Jeff Makey of CLearn. Coffee, light snacks, and lunch will be provided. Masks are required for unvaccinated attendees. Come do business with a member and support the AHBA!
Classes being taught:
- 0278 Helical Foundation Systems - 2 hours
Many contractors hear the word Helical and assume they are expensive or only for special circumstances. We were surprised at the versatility and effectiveness of this low-impact foundation system.
Jeff Makey followed a helical installer filming multiple installations across western NC's rugged terrain. We filmed projects ranging from solar arrays to foundation repairs.
Actual in-field footage is overlayed in the interview with Chris Terry.
- 0175 No Free Estimates For Remolding, Renovations and Additions- 2 hours
Any builder in the remodeling and renovation business has experienced trying to calculate free estimates before the client even has a plan! Wasting hours if not weeks of time and frustrating your trade contractors too! But we don’t stop there. Moving on to client management, access and warranty expectations, learn the secrets of other successful General Contractors working exclusively in the remodeling and renovation fields!
Award winner Gus Adams joins Instructor Jeff Makey sharing secrets of success never heard before!
- 2021 NCLBGC Mandatory Course - 2 hours
Every year the NC Licensing Board will produce a 2-hour course on codes, legislation, and other important information. Everyone MUST have the mandatory course every year.
- Employer’s Guide to Health Insurance - 2 hours
Every employer knows offering Health Insurance is a key factor in recruiting and retention of top talent. But when is it required? How do I afford it? What are my options? From 2 employees to over 100 this course will explore all levels of group insurance options and requirements. Did you know with as few as 5 employees you may benefit from types of hybrid self-insurance policies? Or that many carriers will custom write policies for your company?
Join us as we interview industry Expert and Licensed Broker, Scott Martin, to explorer the options and laws in this buyer’s guide to group health insurance.
- Describe the Affordable Care Act.
- List the ACA FTE levels requiring employer-provided health insurance.
- Detail the benefits of using a Broker.
- Compare and contrast self-insured with level-funded.
- Describe what a High Deductible Health Plan is.
- Discuss when employees can enroll in health insurance.
- Explain what a Grandfathered Plan is.
- Define what Minimum Essential Coverage is
- Define what Minimum Value plan is.
- Describe how to change Brokers while keeping the same plans.
- List the benefits of health insurance for small employers.
- Define a “carve out”.