Contractor Continuing Education Class
Full 8-hour day that fulfills your contractor continuing education requirements for the NC Licensing Board for General Contractors for 2021. Classes are taught in person at the Asheville Home Builders Association office by Jeff Makey of CLearn. Coffee, light snacks, and lunch will be provided.
Classes being taught:
- 0175 No Free Estimates For Remolding, Renovations, and Additions - 2 hours
Any builder in the remodeling and renovation business has experienced trying to calculate free estimates before the client even has a plan! Wasting hours if not weeks of time and frustrating your trade contractors too! But we don’t stop there. Moving on to client management, access, and warranty expectations, learn the secrets of other successful General Contractors working exclusively in the remodeling and renovation fields! Gus Adams joins Instructor Jeff Makey sharing secrets of success never heard before!
- 0069 Surge Protection 101 Educate, Protect and Sell - 2 hours
Have you ever wondered why that LED light bulb didn’t last as long as it should have? Or why your Smart TV flickers and you have to reboot? The average home has over $10,000 worth of electronics that can be damaged by surges. Don't let your clients get left in the dark!
- 2021 NCLBGC Mandatory Course - 2 hours
Every year the NC Licensing Board will produce a 2-hour course on codes, legislation, and other important information. Everyone MUST have the mandatory course every year.
- Employer’s Guide to Health Insurance - 2 hours
Every employer knows offering Health Insurance is a key factor with recruiting and retention of top talent. But when is it required? How do I afford it? What are my options? From 2 employees to over 100 this course will explore all levels of group insurance options and requirements. Did you know with as little as 5 employees you may benefit from types of hybrid self-insurance policies? Or that many carriers will custom write polices for your company?
Join us as we interview industry Expert and Licensed Broker, Scott Martin, to explorer the options and laws in this buyer’s guide to group health insurance.
- Describe the Affordable Care Act.
- List the ACA FTE levels requiring employer provided health insurance.
- Detail the benefits of using a Broker.
- Compare and contrast self-insured with level funded.
- Describe what a High Deductible Health Plan is.
- Discuss when employees can enroll in health insurance.
- Explain what a Grandfathered Plan is.
- Define what Minimum Essential Coverage is
- Define what Minimum Value plan is.
- Describe how to change Brokers while keeping the same plans.
- List the benefits of health insurance for small employers.
- Define a “carve out”.